All hoglets will be $250 regardless of color or gender. **Prices may be adjusted depending on my expenses at the time.
A $50 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your baby for you, this will be deducted from the total cost of your baby.
The Adoption Process
1. Read through the information pages on my website, as well as my policies (here). Make sure you can afford the necessary supplies for a hedgehog.
2. Fill out an application form to get approved for a baby. If you're applying for a specific baby, let me know on your application. If none are available, I will put your name on the wait list and contact you via email when we do have babies. You cannot be added to the wait list unless I have approved an application from you. Hedgehogs are unpredictable and I can't guarantee when I will have a baby for you.
3. I will post baby pictures online at ~3 weeks of age. It can be hard at this age to know what their personalities will be like as adults, but I will try to note if a baby seems more nervous than the others.
4. I will email you when there are babies available for you to choose from.
You will have 24 hours to choose which baby you'd like. If I don't hear anything back from you within the first 24 hours, I will email the next person in line and you may not have first pick.
5. After you have chosen your baby, I will require a $50 non-refundable deposit, which will be deducted from the total cost of your baby. The deposit is required to ensure you are serious about adopting your hedgehog. I have had numerous people place a hold on a baby and then stop answering my emails, or decide on pick up day they don't want them anymore. This wastes a lot of my time and it is harder to place the baby into a home on such short notice.
6. Send me a picture of your cage when it is ready for baby. Your cage must be approved prior to bringing baby home. Make sure everything is appropriate for your hedgehog, please use the information pages on my website to avoid wasting money on the wrong products - if you are unsure, ask.
7. Babies are usually ready to go home between 6-8 weeks of age, depending on their weight. I will let you know when your baby will be ready to leave, and we can schedule an appointment for you to come pick up your baby at my home or I can meet you with baby. If I am making a special trip to meet you, I will ask a mileage fee of $0.25/km. If you are coming to my home, please arrive on time.
You will have 2 weeks to pick up your baby, after which I will charge a boarding fee of $5 per day.
Shipping is also available to PEI through East Coast Exotics.
Please see "Bringing Baby Home"
I accept cash or etransfer to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. If you are sending an etransfer, please do so prior to picking up your baby (the morning of is fine).
If you are paying in cash, please bring the exact amount, I am not able to make change.
Do not send any payment for an animal without first having an application approved by me, and confirming with me that I have put your baby on hold for you.
I do allow visitors to visit to handle some of my hedgehogs. This can be helpful to decide if you will like them as a pet, especially if you have children interested in adopting who have never felt quills before.
I do have a $20 fee for your visit, to help compensate me for my time. If you decide to adopt one of my hedgehogs, it will be put towards the cost of your baby. $250 adoption fee - $20 visit = $230 needed when you pick your baby. I also work full time and have other commitments, so visits are usually done on weekends or afternoons when my schedule allows.